Can a Christian have Assurance of Salvation?
Summary of Teachings from 1 John
How Do We Walk in the Same Way That He Walked?
- Primarily by walking in love.
What Exactly Does it Mean to Do What is Right?
- The answer is the same: doing what is right means loving your brother.
Can a Christian Have Assurance of Salvation?
- Scripture teaches that Christians are saved by God’s grace, which we access by placing out faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins.
- So basically, if someone asks you what does it take to become a Christian, your answer should be faith and repentance.
- The Bible also teaches that we can persevere in that faith, since we are protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
- Therefore, can we know with assurance that we truly do belong to the Lord and in the end will be resurrected to eternal life? The answer is yes.
So How Can We Receive This Assurance?
- Am I doing okay, spiritually?
- Are We Walking in Obedience to God?
- Do We Have a Sense That We Truly Belong to the Lord and He to Us?
- Are We Trusting Jesus Alone for Our Salvation?