Why Exposition? Why Do We Preach Expositorially?
– Preaching God’s Word is our fundamental task and there is no more effective way to serve our church than by preaching God’s Word.
– Biblical Preaching is that in which both content and intent of sermon is controlled by the content and intent of the passage of scripture.
– Determine why this text is here in the passage.
– What is God seeking to say. The task of the sermon is to let God’s Word Speak.
Why is Biblical Preaching Needed?
– Because lost people need to hear the Word of God.
– The church needs to hear His instructions.
– We were made for more than just our physical appetites.
– We live in God, by feeding on His Word.
– Because our people need it in order to live rightly.
4 Things About the Word of God That Displays Why We Should Preach Bibically
1.) God breathes scripture.
– Our God Speaks. God still speaks by what He has spoken.
2.) Understandableness of Scripture.
– No one drifts into excellence. You can only drift away.
3.) The Usefulness of Scripture.
– God’s Word can be trusted for the feeding of your sheep.
4.) The Ethicacy of Scripture.
– God’s Word gets things done. Psalm 19.
*The text is no longer being judged, just the readers are.