These Truths that will Bind Our Soul to Expository Preaching
– The goal is to fuel expository ministry
The Central Call:
– We must pay closer attention to what we have heard.
– Jesus came preaching.
1.) The Danger of Spiritual Drift.
– We naturally drift away, we have to be constantly laboring upstream.
– The Danger of apostasy, making a shipwreck of the faith.
– Moses built God’s peace – Jesus is God’s peace – Joshua brought God’s peace – Jesus is God’s peace.
2.) Without the Word We Will Certainly be Condemned.
– God does not make empty threats
– paralleled passage Hebrews 10:8.
– In Old Testament, if you do not listen you are physically dead
– In New Testament, if you do not listen to the Gospel you are spiritually and eternally dead.
– Certainty of judgement
3.) Greatness of our Salvation
– Motivation of Christian
– You do not want to go to Hell, but you also should want to be with Jesus forever.
– When you have God’s Word you always have something to preach: Hebrews 10:12.